1. I certify that I and my immediate family members have been symptom free and that I have not traveled nor any of my immediate family members travelled outside of the State of Kansas or to any COVID-19 hotspots as listed on the KDHE travel ban listing in the last 14 days.
2. I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participation; and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Lawrence Hidden Valley events may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Lawrence Hidden Valley employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
3. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my participation at Hidden Valley events. On my behalf, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Lawrence Hidden Valley, its employees, agents, and representatives of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Lawrence Hidden Valley, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation at Lawrence Hidden Valley events.
4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or illness I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or illness myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. Disputes arising out of or related to this COVID-19 Waiver shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas and venue shall be in the state courts of Douglas County, Kansas, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by both parties within thirty days of any such filed dispute. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
6. I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understood this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.
7. If I have signed a separate general waiver of liability connected to my participation at Lawrence Hidden Valley, I agree that the terms of that waiver are wholly incorporated into this document and that the terms of this document are incorporated into the separate general waiver.
8. I agree that I will practice safe social distancing, wear a mask/facial covering as appropriate and practice clean hygiene during my participation at Lawrence Hidden Valley events.